1 clove of garlic
1 large bunch of fresh basil
1 handful of pine nuts
1 large handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, optional
You will also need a pestle and mortar
Pasta of your choice
Fresh Roma Tomatoes
- Peel the garlic and pound into a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Roughly chop the basil leaves and reduce down to a paste with the pestle and mortar.
- Toss in the handful of pine nuts and pound them into the paste, stirring in half the Parmesan.
- Pour in the olive oil. Do this slowly to ensure that you only use enough to create an oozy and viscous consistency.
- Add the other half of cheese, balancing this with the amount of the oil until you are happy.
- Add an optional squeeze of lemon zest for an extra zing!
- Add the finished product to some pasta of your choice and throw in some fresh tomatoes. We’ve added some salad to ours. It adds a slightly more crunchy texture and also makes us feel better and ever so slightly more healthy…